Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

Sunday, December 5, 2010

~ Stray ~ {shifters book, 1}

Title- Stray
Author- Rachel Vincent
Rating- 5/5
I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.
Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.
This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back... for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever and whoever--I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays--'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them...



I've been holding onto Stray for quite sometime and honestly didnt have the time to read it. But once i started it I could not stop. It really is an amazing book, now one of my new favourite series. Following the bad ass Faythe and her many protective brothers this book had me from the very first page. The very first chapter had me captivated and i couldnt put it down all day. One of the things I liked most about this book is the real concept of family. It is portrayed a lot in this book with fayth and her five brothers which are protective and all have unique and amazing personalities which made me like the book more. There is also the flirty guy Jace and the old lover Marc who both want Faythe for there own. I didnt think that I would be able to find another book series that was as good as my favourite the 'Hush Hush' series by Becca Fitzpatrick, but I proved myself wrong. This series would deffinately have to be now one of my favourties, I absolutely loved it every single page, every single chapter and every single charecter... except for the odd bad guy. During the middle of the book there are a few scenes which made me squirm, I dont want to give any thing away but it involves... locking girls up in cages and to say it made me sick to the stomach would be an understatement. I recomend this book to every one who loves a book with mystery, family, bad guys and a book which has you screaming for more. Loved loved loved this book. Im reading the second one at the moment and it is just as good as the first. I'll be writing a reveiw for it aswell.

happy reading :)

-K. <33


here is a link to Rachel Vincents Web site.

1 comment: