Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

Monday, September 27, 2010

Book Review~ Hush Hush

Title~ Hush Hush
Author~ Becca Fitzpatrick
Rating~ 5/5
Books in series~ Hush Hush, Cresendo, Tempest

Falling in love was never so easy . . .



or so deadly.



For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

What more can I say then, OH MY GOD! This book was the most fantastic book that i have read so far, I honestly don’t think there will ever be another book that will measure up to how much this book captivated me, intrigued me and made me scream for  more, more, more. Everything about this book I loved: the cover, the characters, the plot, and the writing style even the beginning was interesting. This book intrigued me from the very first page and I mean that literally. http://books.simonandschuster.com/Hush-Hush/Becca-Fitzpatrick/9781416989417/excerpt (first chapter <3) Hush Hush had absolutely everything i look for in a book, I fell in love with Patch Cipriano, to sum him up with three words... mysterious, bad and absolutely gorgeous J I could go on and on, but I won’t  cause i have to go back to the book review. Fitzpatrick did an amazing job of creating a dark story that wasn’t too overpowering, That was definitely my favorite aspect of the book. Emotions were a major factor in this book and there was more than one instance where I found myself turning on an extra light in the suddenly creepy room I was reading.., hello crazy serial killer ski mask guy :S or screaming with delight, in a few choice chapters with Patch & Nora :D. If you couldn’t tell already, I have to give Hush Hush top marks. It’s probably one of the best Young Adult books that I have read this year and I would recommend it to any lovers of Young Adult fiction or Paranormal Romance.

-K.
http://beccafitzpatrick.com/hushhushstory.html

No comments:

Post a Comment